A range of options to suit every budget
Charters tailored to suit
We can offer sole or private charters tailored to suit your individual needs. Tell us what you are after.
General Fishing Information
* Private charters available for small numbers or those that wish to put together their own group
*Or join a Shared group charter which we put together for you
* Family groups with children welcome
* Both experienced and novice anglers catered for
Why not pack a picnic and make a day of it.
- Quality fishing tackle provided although anglers are welcome to bring their own gear if they wish. Please let us know at the time of booking if you want to bring your own tackle.
- All fish that are of legal size and within the catch bag limit for the day belong to the angler. We release on request.
- Day membership with Bay of Islands Swordfish Club can be arranged if you wish to target line class species.
- Fish smoking and vacuum packing can be arranged for you
- Morning tea/coffee and biscuits provided on longer trips
- Pickup from Paihia, Waitangi or Russell
We have a genuine interest in the conservation of a balanced marine ecosystem.
Over past years Steve has been involved in data collection on Yellowtail Kingfish for NIWA (New Zealand’s National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research) and Bluewater Marine Research.
We are also engaged by NIWA to work with them when they deploy their underwater research equipment in our area.
In the interest of perpetuation of our local fish stocks, we encourage the release of all fish species not required for eating purposes.
Many years ago Steve worked on developing a responsible catch and release system to ensure hook ups occur in the corner of the fish’s mouth rather than them being gut or gill hooked. This is now used by many anglers to reduce the mortality rate of those fish being released. Fish are handled with the greatest of care to ensure they are returned to the ocean in prime condition to maintain maximum survival rates.